Monday, August 4, 2008

My shirt from third grade

I have enough clothes that I am able to go without doing laundry for a month or two, but yet i think i don't have enough. Maybe its not that i don't think i have enough, maybe its more that i just like shopping, ok let me rephrase that i love shopping. So my problem is that when i buy new clothes i never get rid of any of the old ones, and when i say never i do truly mean never.

I have one shirt that I have cherished for a long time now. I remember the day i got the shirt, my grandma had taken me shopping for one outfit, well there were two that i just fell in love with. So my grandma (who spoiled me beyond belief) gave in and told me to go ahead and get both outfits, her only stipulation was that i had to promise that i would wear them both, so of course I'm going to agree I mean after all i was going into third grade. Well one outfit i wore a little bit i mean I'm sure my grandma didn't waste any money buying it for me, but the other outfit i just couldn't get enough of. Well i stopped wearing the shorts to the outfit but the shirt i just loved! But that was back when i was in third grade there should be a time when the shirt doesn't fit me anymore right? Well the shirt still fits me, maybe not quite the same fit as it used to but i can still wear it. So I'm going to turn over a new leaf and I'm going to finally retire my old shirt from third grade, but don't worry i plan on making a t-shirt quilt someday and it will definitely be the center square! So here it is my shirt from third grade goodbye old shirt :'(

4 comments:

Dalene said...

Okay, that is just FRIGHTENING. Do we need to have an intervention?

Just kidding (I think).

Anonymous said...

I don't think many of us actually needed a picture to know exactly which shirt you were talking about.

little dalene said...

I don't know who gorfeert3333 is, but that is SO true. I'm glad you are retiring it. Can you please update your blog more often?

Nikki said...

gorfeert3333 is Gina, I will work on updating.