Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Football

Our church has a WFL (Wesleyan football league), so to sign up they placed an insert in the Sunday bulletin, well I read the insert and it said nothing about it being just for guys. So being the person that I am, I decided I would just fill out the little form during church and mark that I would be a captain. So I filled it out and passed it down the row to my guy friends, they all just kinda laughed and said ok we will turn this in for you Nikki. So not really thinking anything about it I left after church well later that week I went to a friends house, who is helping organize the whole thing, he said hey Nikki i got a call earlier this week from our young adult pastor and he was really freaking out. I said how come? he said, well he was going through the football sign ups and found yours, I just kinda laughed. But apparently he was really concerned when he called my friend he said, um I think we have a problem and I don't know what to do. He said whats the problem? He said well we had a girl sign up and we never really specified that it was just for guys, and I just really don't think we can have a girl play. So my friend said well who is it, the pastor said Nikki. My friend then laughed and said I'm almost positive that is a joke. Tomorrow is the first night and I thought it would be funny if I showed up dressed to play and went up to the pastor and said whose team am I on. But maybe I should refrain and just stick to watching. I bet next year they will make a point of putting on the insert that it is only for guys however. And just for the record I have never played any kind of football in my life.

3 comments:

Dalene said...

I think you should make a big hairy deal about it. Just for fun.

Mary Beth said...

That was clever. You go girl.

little dalene said...

That's funny. What pastor would think you were serious about that? Pastor Sam.
P.S. Paragraphs are your friends Nikki. Don't be scared to use them. :)