Sunday, April 19, 2009

14 years already?!

So 14 years ago today was the Oklahoma City Bombing, it is hard to believe that it has been that long ago. I can remember that morning just like it was yesterday. I was in 5th grade and I remember all the 5th grade classes went to the library and the kids were told to get a book and go read and not pay attention to the TV. Well of course if you tell a kid not to do something they are going to do it. I remember seeing it on the TV and not really understanding what was going on (since were weren't supposed to pay attention to the TV and all), but I could read that it was in down town Oklahoma City, and I knew that whatever happened was really bad. I remember some of my family members who lived in OKC telling me how they could feel it 5 miles away.

Every April 19th since then I have thought about that day, its amazing how some memories can get burned into your head never to be forgotten. I wish that was the only tragedy that I will remember like that but Sept. 11 is the same way, I hope that there aren't anymore in my lifetime. I would rather reflect on happy times, not the sad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember you and Dalene coming to the Cherokee House and watching it after school. Hope I didn't tramatize you too much letting you watch that.

Peggy