Tuesday, February 16, 2010

200!!!

So I have been bowling on a league for 5 years I guess now. Since I started bowling I have tried to do one thing, bowl a 200 game. I have come close, I have had up to a 191 but I have always fallen short of that 200. Tonight my first game was a 122, with an average of 131 that just wasn't good enough and I didn't bowl a strike until the tenth frame of my first game. Typically that is not a good sign, that means I will probably struggle the rest of the night, but tonight was different. We started the second game and I bowled alright the first couple of frames then I got a double (2 strikes in a row) then the next frame was ah then I got a turkey (3 strikes in a row). By this time, I'm doing the math and making a joke about getting a 200, so it gets to the 10th frame I get 9 pins, I pick up my spare and Gina said Nikki do you know what your score is right now? With one ball left to bowl I'm sitting at a 191, this means I need 9 pins to get a 200, I was getting a little nervous, but didn't let it get to me. I get up throw my last ball and I knock down 9 pins, so the game ended at an even 200! Finally after 5 years I got my 200, I guess I'm raising the bar a little and the goal is to get at least one more by the end of the season!