Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Are the Lady Bugs coming back???

As I was sitting here watching TV tonight a bug was flying around my light, I thought it was a moth until it landed, turns out it was a lady bug. This takes me back to my freshman year of college, when our dorm became overtaken by lady bugs. These weren't your typical red lady bugs with black spots, they were more of an orange color with no spots and they were EVERYWHERE.

I had a friend that lived upstairs from me and Renana, one day she came running downstairs and into our room yelling Nikki help! help! I said "Sarah whats wrong?" she said "the lady bugs have taken over my room." I thought she was over exaggerating because she had a tendency of doing that at times, so I went upstairs and opened her door, and this time she wasn't lying. These stupid lady bugs were everywhere the light fixture was complete filled with them, they were all over the closet doors flying through the air and on her bed. It was pretty disgusting, from that day forward I have never looked at lady bugs the same way. She was scared to go in her room so I went downstairs and did the only thing I could think to do, I got the vacuum and just started sucking them all up. We continued to see these lady bugs throughout the spring and they really were all over campus, just not as bad as they were in Sarah's room that day.

So with that little flash back I'm now thinking, its Feb. and freezing outside, should there really be lady bugs out this time of year? I find it a little odd, but I would rather find a random lady bug flying around than say a scorpion in crawling across the floor which is another little creature we occasionally get to see out at my house.

1 comment:

The Rigsby's said...

I remember those days. These are not nice cute little lady bugs either. Wonder what Sarah's doing these days?