Monday, October 6, 2008

RIP Tiger Lilian 1991-2008


Ok so Tiger was my cat, my baby, the best cat ever. She started her life by being born in our bathroom linen closet on the clean towels, her mom Maggie was no dumb cat she knew the most sanitary place to have her babies. Well when our cat Maggie had her litter of kittens my parents told me I could pick out one kitten, so I looked them all over and I picked Tiger. Well we gave her the name Tiger simply because of her stripes, she later picked up Lilian, ok so maybe I was the only one who called her Lilian but I think the whole family used it from time to time. She had other alias too like Tigger lily, anyway you get the point. So Tiger was born in 1991 While we were at my sisters orchestra concert, she then became my baby, she would let me dress her up in doll clothes push her around in the doll stroler and even swaddle her in blankets. She has grown up with me, I mean I know she wasn't going to live forever, but we didn't expect this. My mom and I had gone to Walmart last night when we returned we were taking in the groceries and my dad was backing his truck into the driveway. Thats when he and I both heard a funny noise, he even got out of the truck to see what it was but didn't see anything. So we went about what we were doing, ate dinner and my dad went back outside. Thats when he saw her, she was laying next to the driveway with her collar next to her, we still aren't entirely sure what happened because none of her bones seemed to be broken, but she did have a spot on her head, my sister seems to think she got in the fan of the engine, my dad thinks maybe he just ran over the side of her head, but I think it looks like she was bit by something I guess we will never know. But it was sure an emotional time at our house last night, and I think my dad felt really guilty. I think we all loved that cat, I think she was just another member of the family. But now she is in heaven with my old dog Cookie who died a couple of summers ago. But Tiger will definitely be missed. :'(

3 comments:

little dalene said...

Poor Tiger...I never knew she had a middle name. I'm not even sure what "swaddling in clothes" is, but I'm glad she let you do it.
Let's be honest, we all knew--SHE knew--my dislike for cats, but I will miss her too.

The Rigsby's said...

I am sorry to here about Tiggy. I think thats what I always called her. I am glad you put pics in your blog.

Nikki said...

I'm pretty sure it says swaddled her in blankets but whatever.